Filters Renaming and Categories Update

Ah. Maybe you can define what you mean by “Domain”. When I see that word, I think of different scientific domains (e.g., climate, astronomy, molecular chemistry, nuclear physics, etc.). The CosmoTools submenu definitely falls under that. “Domain” could also mean the bounds in space and time, and Temporal and maybe Point Interpolation could fall under that. But those are two very different interpretations of domain, which is maybe why I didn’t see Temporal.

Lots of the submenus don’t seem to fall under either of these definitions of “Domain”. I guess you could say that Distributed is a domain of execution, but that’s a big stretch. But the rest feel like general categories.

Is there another way to describe what is meant by Domain? Should these be split up into better groupings?

Yeah indeed, it was more like data domain, including temporal and spatial. I think I put Distributed here because it is often related to some spatial domain, but it is not necessary true.

My starting point was:

• I have different categories (and most were there before my changes)
  • I would like to limit the number of top-level categories
  • So I tried to group them
  • I end up with this not very satisfying Domain category

I have no opposition with renaming / splitting / moving around this Domain, but I have no (better) suggestion as of now.

How about splitting up more or less how you just said? It could look something like this:

# Data Analysis

# Distributed
  D3
  DistributeDataSet ~ (RedistributeDataSet)
  DistributePoints
  GhostCellsGenerator
  GhostElementsSuppresion ~ (RemoveGhostInformation)
  ProcessIds (GenerateProcessIds)

# Science Domains
  ## Astronomy ~ (CosmoTools)
  ## Material Interface ~ (Material Analysis)
    Intersect Fragments
    Material Interface Reconstruction ~ (Material Interface Filter)
    Youngs Material Interface

# Spatial
  ## Moment Invariants
  ## Point Interpolation
  ## Quadrature Points

# Temporal