A VTK error during make

I have the following error when I tried to make it, please help.

.../VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/H5Oint.c:358:12: error: implicit declaration of function 'vtkhdf5_H5CX_get_ohdr_flags' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
        if(H5CX_get_ohdr_flags(&oh_flags) < 0)
           ^
.../VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/vtk_hdf5_mangle.h:273:29: note: expanded from macro 'H5CX_get_ohdr_flags'
#define H5CX_get_ohdr_flags vtkhdf5_H5CX_get_ohdr_flags
                            ^
[  3%] Generating the wrap hierarchy for ParaView::VTKExtensionsIOCore
.../VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/H5Oint.c:358:12: note: did you mean 'vtkhdf5_H5O_get_oh_flags'?
.../VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/vtk_hdf5_mangle.h:273:29: note: expanded from macro 'H5CX_get_ohdr_flags'
#define H5CX_get_ohdr_flags vtkhdf5_H5CX_get_ohdr_flags
                            ^
.../VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/H5Oprivate.h:913:16: note: 'vtkhdf5_H5O_get_oh_flags' declared here
H5_DLL uint8_t H5O_get_oh_flags(const H5O_t *oh);
               ^
.../VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/vtk_hdf5_mangle.h:1780:26: note: expanded from macro 'H5O_get_oh_flags'
#define H5O_get_oh_flags vtkhdf5_H5O_get_oh_flags
                         ^
[  3%] Building C object VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/CMakeFiles/vtkhdf5_src.dir/H5Olayout.c.o
1 error generated.

@ben.boeckel , was this fixed already ?

Please inform me if there is anything I can do.

What version are you building? What compiler is this?

I was using Mac OS 11.5.2 and Terminal.

What version of ParaView?

It is ParaView-v5.8.1.

I don’t remember what change was made to fix this, but it looks like adding an include to H5Oint.c is probably the fix. You can add #include "H5CXprivate.h" to ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/H5Oint.c after the H5private.h include.