About the "zoomed-in" issue and the 15 errors fails

There is sometimes an issue on the dashboards.
Some tests fails randomly because they are “zoomed-in”. I tried to fix that by making sure “Reset Camera” is called before the screenshots, but it looks like it is noneffective in fixing this issue.

The problem is that, this issue appears quite a lot, and if more than 15 tests fails, they are not rerun and all these failures appears as true positive in the dashboard.

An example can be seen here : https://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=6303178

So if anyone has an idea of what is going on with these “zoomed-in” tests that would be great.
In the meantime I would suggest increasing the number of tests treshold needed to disable the rerun.

@cory.quammen @utkarsh.ayachit

I am not sure what is going on with those tests. I believe restarting X or the machine usually resolves them for a time, but that isn’t long-term sustainable.

I think bumping the number of tests that fail before a rerun is reasonable. 20? 25?

I would say 25, but only if they do not all fails in timeout. Is that possible ?

Also, is there anything peculiar about the X on this machine? Does it have a decently big enough screen always?

It is not specific to luigi. This issue can happen on other buildslave.

Nothing peculiar anyway, standard 1920*1080 Xorg server.

Not having a clue how the dashboards run, I assume they don’t create .config files? If they do, delete them?

Tests are run with the -dr option, so the configuration files shouldn’t cause an issue.