Additional processing on file open

Hello,

I am searching for a way to achieve the following: I have some vtmb files that, once I open them in Paraview, need some additional processing like applying several filters. The way I’m handling this currently is via a small Python script as macro. However, it would be great if the script was executed automatically once the file is opened. So I was wondering if there is some event system or something similar that could trigger script execution on file opening?
A different idea would be to write a small custom reader in Python (using VTKPythonAlgorithmBase) that wraps the usual VTK reader and takes care of the additional processing by itself. Here, my question would be if the custom reader would take precedence over the default reader if I register it for the vtmb extension?

Thanks in advance!

Not really, but you could create a CustomFilter en-capsuling the reader and the processing. Not sure it will let you change the file though.

Here, my question would be if the custom reader would take precedence over the default reader if I register it for the vtmb extension?

It will let you choose between versions.

Thank you very much for the information. The custom reader seems to work fine!