Animating 3D Volume

I originally was given the files in tif format which I can convert to tiff which I can select under Save Data. When I save as vtk, do I just changed the file name to have .vtk? I don’t see an option to “save as” or “convert to” so I just deleted tiff and replaced it with vtk. Should this be done for every file or for s_C002T…tiff > s_C002T…vtk? Thank you
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.22.58 AM

Did you select files from the save data dialog? The selection in save data dialog does nothing indeed. Simply load the data to be converted and save as the type you want with a proper name.
Here is my Files of type list when saving data:
You can see that there’re .vtk .vti etc, just choose the type you want and name it. I use windows10 OS.

Yes.

Thank you so much, I am now able to animate my data as a Slice. However, I was told that this should be 4D data, when I load the vtk folder and select volume I can see nothing, no matter which color map I use or how I edit the color map. When saving the data I selected “Write timestep as file series”, I thought this was correct but maybe it is not.

Since you were only given .tiff slices which are generally 3D data(2D+time), then you have to figure out which slices consist of a volume to gain 4D data(i.e. how to organize the dataset).

This happens because the data does not suit a volume representation, which depends on dataset.

This option is to save each timestep of a temporal dataset as a new file series(otherwise only current timestep gets converted). To get 4D data, you need to gather all slices with same T to get a volume(via paraview or manually), then name every volume in proper order.