Append table to existing geometry

Hello,

I have a csv file containing the X, Y and Z coordinates of a geometry and additional quantities which I want to visualize. I also have the original geometry as a 3D surface with the exact same X,Y and Z coordinates as is in the csv file. Is there any way I can append both these two so I can visualize the quantities on the 3D geometry file?

I have tried to convert the table to points and then use a delaunay filter however, that doesn’t work. Any help would be appreciated.

If you have exactly the same number of points on your surface and in the Table To Points output, You can try the Append Attributes filter.

Actually I do have the exact same number of points. However, they’re unique i.e. not repeated. Unfortunately, Append attributes doesn’t work for me. Correct me if I’m wrong but the same point in the STL file can be repeated multiple times if it is shared by other faces. This is probably the issue with Append Attributes filter since The csv file only has unique points.
Another option that I figured was the Point Interpolation > Point Dataset Interpolator. This worked perfectly for me.

1 Like