Assigning attributes to cell as celldata to visualise in cell elements

Hi Users,
I am doing finite element analysis post processing in paraview.I have node data, displacements, stresses, strains stored at point in point data in .vtu format. This is working fine in paraview where i can visualise my results but I need to visualize attributes in the cell. I have cell data of same size as finite elements. The code is in matlab. I added the following below code in the matlab file to convert it to .vtu file format
fprintf(fid,’%s\n’,’’);
fprintf(fid,’%s\n’,’’);
fprintf(fid,’%f ‘,x);
fprintf(fid,’\n%s\n’,’’);
x is the attribute to visualize in cell in paraview. but when i open it in paraview the below errors it is showing. Any help

ERROR: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\IO\XMLParser\vtkXMLParser.cxx, line 379

vtkXMLDataParser (000001DA4174F560): Error parsing XML in stream at line 40, column 2, byte index 975451: mismatched tag

ERROR: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\IO\XML\vtkXMLReader.cxx, line 520

vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader (000001DA481A17B0): Error parsing input file. ReadXMLInformation aborting.

Problem resolved