Associate of toolbar action with programmable filter

Good morning,

my question is how to associate a toolbar action with a python programmable filter.

I already compiled a plugin (.dll) with an xml which initialize a python programmable filter and associate to it a python script. I loaded into Paraview and it works; the filter is displayed in the alphabetical lists and works fine.

Now I’m compiling a plugin which creates a custom toolbar into which I added an action. Through this action I would like to call the filter that I compiled before.

My problem is that I don’t know how to associate the filter execution to the toolbar action.
It is possible or I have to re-write the filter in C++? Because I need also the XML server manager configuration to set up an interactive menù in Paraview and I don’t know how to do this in C++.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Alberto

If both plugins are loaded, you can just create the filter in your action using pqObjectBuilder.

https://kitware.github.io/paraview-docs/latest/cxx/classpqObjectBuilder.html

Thank you for the answer.

I saw the class description of pqObjectBuilder::CreateFilter()

How can I refer to the specific previously uploaded filter in the class initialization?

Thank you

group should be “filters” and name should be the name of your filter according to your python file.

@smproxy.filter(name="NameOfYourFilter",

Thank you.

It worked.

Alberto

1 Like