Averaging data over a custom geometric shape source

Hi,
I have a CFD solution in which I wish to average the pressure over, say, a disk of 63m radius, which is located in an arbitrary location within the mesh.
I’m posting a picture for reference. I have created the disk from “Sources > Geometric Shapes > Disk” in Paraview (colored yellow for distinction).

Can I do that? If so, how?
Thanks in advance for your time and support,
Huseyin.

ResampleWithDataset where the source is your data and the destination is the disk.
then
DescriptiveStatistics

Hello Mr. Lipsa,
Thanks for your quick reply. While I was waiting for a reply, I have discovered the “Point Dataset Interpolator” filter, which I find to be quite similar to the “Resample with Dataset” filter. Do they function the same?
Another note is that; even if I modify the “Transforming” properties of the “Disk” itself (i.e. translation, orientation) and the disk seems to be moved to its correct new position, after adding the interpolation filter, the data from its original (default) position is interpolated instead of its transformed position that I want! The only way I can overcome this is to use a separate “Transform” filter. This is quite counter-intuitive, is it a bug?
Thanks,
Huseyin

Hello Mr. Lipsa,
Thanks for your quick reply. While I was waiting for a reply, I have discovered the “Point Dataset Interpolator” filter, which I find to be quite similar to the “Resample with Dataset” filter. Do they function the same?

Point Dataset Interpolator works on points clouds. See Help > Reader, Filter and Writer Reference

Another note is that; even if I modify the “Transforming” properties of the “Disk” itself (i.e. translation, orientation) and the disk seems to be moved to its correct new position, after adding the interpolation filter, the data from its original position is interpolated instead of its new position that I want! The only way I can overcome this is to use a separate “Transform” filter. This is quite counter-intuitive, is it a bug?

Make sure that when you set your destination for ResampleWithDataset you select Transform. That is, you are using the data created by the Transform filter to resample.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try that.