Bug (?) with StreamTracer pointcloud

I have a vector field, and when I create a StreamTracer cloud point filter, I face an annoying bug. I take time to specify the center of the ball that seeds the streamlines, I take time to pick a number of seed points and it works “fine”, I have a finished picture:

However when I click back elsewhere, for example on the vector field’s data, many streamlines are suddenly removed!

I can go back to the StreamTracer picture again, but if I disable the Show Sphere option (because I indeed do not want to see it), then many stream lines disappear, exactly as if I had clicked on some other field!

Here is the annoying end result…:

I really wonder how do people deal with this? How do you guys prepare your stream lines?

To me this looks like your streamlines are “behind” the surface making them invisible.
Adding some slight opacity toy our surface shoudl fix this, I hope.

Thanks, that seems to be the case, indeed. I do not appreciate, however, a partially transparent scalar field. Is there a way I can generate the streamlines on top of the 2d scalar field? I tried with both a negative and positive z offset for the center of the seed but I get a similar result in both cases.

An opacity os 0.99 should work though.
Alternatively you can use the Geometry Mapper options to displace slightly lines in front of surface.
In Edit → Settings → RenderView.

using tubing filter over the stream tracer? to give them a small thickness and that way force to ‘resolve’ the overlapping?

Unfortunately not. I tried an opacity of 0.99 and this made 0 visible difference to me. It starts to make a slight difference around opacity of 0.9 which is already unacceptable, and the lines that were hidden are still fainter than the clearly visible ones, so I would have to go around opacity 0.5-0.75 to have all streamlines clearly visible, I think.

I also tried the offset option in RenderView. Unfortunately this does not fix anything. At best, all streamlines are visible (just like in the picture I pasted above), but they still disappear when I click on other fields.

I have found a workaround: Instead of using Point Cloud generated streamlines, simply use a Line as seed type. This doesn’t suffer from this bug.