Building ParaView superbuild in windows 10

I have fallow this answer to build ParaView Superbuild

But I’m stuck after cmake-gui

I assume there is where I “configure paraview-superfield accordingly to your need” and “ENABLE_qt5 and USE_SYSTEM_qt should be ON”, but I don’t know what that means.

Any help?

You need to specify the source directory when starting cmake-gui

cmake-gui ../pvsb

Once you do that, and hit the ‘Configure’ button, the ENABLE_qt5 option and others will show up.

HTH,

Aron

Thanks Aron! But still don’t get that. What I am missing?

Yes, you have to choose a generator and click Finish. Then click the ‘Configure’ button and the options will appear. You may want to read a little about how cmake-gui works.

Great! Thanks for the answer.
I used Ninja as the generator in cmake-gui (don’t know if that’s correct because the post mentioned ninja after cmake-gui)

I changed CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE from Debug to Release and
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX from C:\Program Files (x86)\paraview-superbuild to C:/pv/pvsb. I don’t know if that’s correct but made more sense to me.

CMakeOutput.log

The system is: Windows - 10.0.18362 - AMD64
Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" succeeded.
Compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.23.28105/bin/Hostx86/x86/cl.exe 
Build flags: 
Id flags:  

The output was:
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.23.28107 for x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

CMakeCCompilerId.c
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.23.28107.0

/out:CMakeCCompilerId.exe 
CMakeCCompilerId.obj 

Compilation of the C compiler identification source "CMakeCCompilerId.c" produced "CMakeCCompilerId.exe"

Compilation of the C compiler identification source "CMakeCCompilerId.c" produced "CMakeCCompilerId.obj"

The C compiler identification is MSVC, found in "C:/pv/pvsb_b/CMakeFiles/3.16.0-rc4/CompilerIdC/CMakeCCompilerId.exe"

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" succeeded.
Compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.23.28105/bin/Hostx86/x86/cl.exe 
Build flags: 
Id flags:  

The output was:
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.23.28107 for x86

CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.23.28107.0

/out:CMakeCXXCompilerId.exe 
CMakeCXXCompilerId.obj 

Compilation of the CXX compiler identification source "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" produced "CMakeCXXCompilerId.exe"

Compilation of the CXX compiler identification source "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" produced "CMakeCXXCompilerId.obj"

The CXX compiler identification is MSVC, found in "C:/pv/pvsb_b/CMakeFiles/3.16.0-rc4/CompilerIdCXX/CMakeCXXCompilerId.exe"

Determining if the C compiler works passed with the following output:
Change Dir: C:/pv/pvsb_b/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):C:/Ninja/ninja.exe cmTC_174ab && [1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles\cmTC_174ab.dir\testCCompiler.c.obj

[2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_174ab.exe

Detecting C compiler ABI info compiled with the following output:

Run Build Command(s):C:/Ninja/ninja.exe cmTC_c5c01 && [1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles\cmTC_c5c01.dir\CMakeCCompilerABI.c.obj

[2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_c5c01.exe

Determining if the CXX compiler works passed with the following output:

Run Build Command(s):C:/Ninja/ninja.exe cmTC_c82f5 && [1/2] Building CXX object CMakeFiles\cmTC_c82f5.dir\testCXXCompiler.cxx.obj

[2/2] Linking CXX executable cmTC_c82f5.exe

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info compiled with the following output:

Run Build Command(s):C:/Ninja/ninja.exe cmTC_9d1ec && [1/2] Building CXX object CMakeFiles\cmTC_9d1ec.dir\CMakeCXXCompilerABI.cpp.obj

[2/2] Linking CXX executable cmTC_9d1ec.exe

Determining size of void* passed with the following output:

Run Build Command(s):C:/Ninja/ninja.exe cmTC_a39b0 && [1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles\cmTC_a39b0.dir\void_ptr_size.c.obj

[2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_a39b0.exe

I installed the last version of Python (3.8), but still got this error message.

What else can I do?