Building ParaView v5.10.0 keeps failing

Hello everyone

I’ve done this in the past a few times on different Linux versions and with different ParaView versions but with the current combination it just keeps failing.
I’m using the paraview-superbuild repository and want to compile with osmesa und system OpenMPI. The environment ist AlmaLinux 8.5 with GCC9.2 und OpenMPI 4.1.1. No matter the configuration with ccmake, i’ll end up with the following result:

Does anyone have any hints that could help me?

There is discussion about this issue at https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/-/merge_requests/8868

Thank you Cory for your reply.

Unfortunately I don’t quite understand what is going on in the issue you posted. All I see is that there are still problems. I read something like pyi is not available at the build stage is is used etc. but somehow 5.10.0 and 5.10.1 got released so it should be possible to build it.
In short summary, is there something I can do about this? Install something in my environment that helps the build?

Thank you for your patience, especially with non-developers like me :slight_smile:

5.10.0 and 5.10.1 are based on branches before the .pyi files were introduced. David Gobbi is working on resolving these issues, so hopefully if you just wait it will be resolved in a week or two.

In the meantime, you could have the superbuild build a slightly older version of ParaView (it builds the lastest ParaView from the master branch). Or if you are trying to build 5.10.0, then set paraview_SOURCE_SELECTION to 5.10.0. You shouldn’t run into this problem if you do that.

Thank you Cory, setting paraview_SOURCE_SELECTION did the trick. I was able to build 5.10.1.

1 Like