building version 5.7.0 on cluster

Hi,

I am having problems to build version 5.7.0 of ParaView on my home directory in the Dresden University’s cluster, Taurus. taurus.sh (1.7 KB) is the script I am using. I think I am loading the appropriate modules, but CMake keeps failing with the following message:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:693 (message):
  The following modules were requested or required, but not found:
  ParaView::PythonAlgorithm;ParaView::PythonInitializer;ParaView::ClientServerCorePythonRendering;ParaView::CinemaPython;ParaView::PVWebCore;ParaView::PVWebPython;ParaView::PVWebPython2;ParaView::PVWebExporter.

Trying to use module Python/3.6.4-intel-2018a instead of Python/2.7.14-intel-2018a makes no difference. CMakeOutput.log (178.8 KB) and CMakeError.log (1.2 KB) are the logs.

Could you help me figure out what is going on?

Thank you very much,

The message is saying that most of paraview’s python directories are not being turned on for some reason. I do not know why that might be.

Can you post the CMakeCache.txt file from $BUILD_DIR?

Another thing that would be interesting to know is whether the build succeeds when python is disabled entirely (PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON=OFF).

1 Like

Sure, here it is: CMakeCache.txt (44.3 KB)

I may try to disable Python just to check the result, but I need Python support in ParaView / Catalyst anyway.

Understood about need for Python.

Make sure you’ve done git submodule init and git submodule update --recursive in your source directory.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Dave: the secret was git submodule update --recursive. I did it and the build managed to get past that point.