Buildslave feature idea : Test regexp

It would be nice to have a feature to select which run to test instead of running all test.
Something to pass to ctest -R would be enough.

I know that one can edit the CMakeLists.txt to disable all the test except a few, but it is not practical.

This has been discussed on our side a bit in the past, but obviously never implemented on the buildbots. @utkarsh.ayachit @ben.boeckel is this potentially feasible with gitlab CI?

should be doable in gitlab-ci via variables

You can add a WIP commit which modifies the ctest_test.cmake script to pass extra arguments to ctest_test() to limit your testing.

How else could we pass variables to an MR build that doesn’t require a diff to the MR (that needs ripped off at some point which will rerun full CI anyways)?

Adding a WIP commit is doable but not practical. tbh, I end up running all the tests and stalling other people work just to avoid pushing a WIP commit.

How else could we pass variables to an MR build that doesn’t require a diff to the MR (that needs ripped off at some point which will rerun full CI anyways)?

Can’t arguments be passed from buildslave to the ctest call ?

@ben.boeckel : I couldn’t find this file, could you give some details on how to do this ?

With gitlab-ci, our pattern is to use a CTest script that you can edit in your MR to restrict the test suite (please do it with a WIP commit so it doesn’t affect master).