Calculator filter in ParaView 5.11.0 produces warnings when called in Python Shell

Hej,
With Paraview 5.11.0 I get some warnings when calling the calculator filter in the Python Shell. I have tried to inspect the trace and found a difference - but even with this modification the warnings persist. Does someone have an idea how I should modify the code?

Before calling the calculator, I load an xyz-file:

myfile = VisItXYZReader(FileName='Z:/projects/myfile.xyz')
myfile.Meshes = ['mesh']
myfile.PointArrays.SelectAll()
rv1 = GetActiveViewOrCreate('RenderView')
Disp = Show(myfile, rv1,'GeometryRepresentation')

Then I used to call the calculator like this: calc = Calculator(Input=myfile). The trace showed a second input to the function calc = Calculator(registrationName='Calc', Input=myfile).
Using this in the Python Shell still produces warnings:

warning: In unknown, line 0
warning: QObject::connect: No such slot pqExpressionsWidget::clear()
warning: QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'Clear')
warning: QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'Function')

Thanks for your help! Cheers,
Venke

Hello @Venke

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Would you mind providing us with your xyz file or another file that reproduces the issue?

Here is a file. Thanks for your time!
import_aptmoveTest_visFinalvecs.xyz (11.6 KB)
(Just to be clear: with “I used to call the calculator like this” I meant that this works fine in ParaView 5.10. with the respective files.)

This may be expected, but just to keep track on this: the issue is the same in ParaView 5.12.0-RC2.

1 Like

@mwestphal are you potentially familiar with the expression widget?

I think its a @nicolas.vuaille thing :slight_smile:

Fortunately, this was some “false positive warning”, as the feature seems to work as expected.

But here is a fix to remove this warning: https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/merge_requests/6668

This will be incorporated into the 5.12 release.

Thanks for reporting (twice) @Venke !