Cannot get pvpython-real or pvserver-real from compiling and building from source

Hello,
【My Problem】
I would like to compile and build paraview from sourcecode on a linux headless machine. I have followed official link GithubParaviewBuildLink, and succeeded somehow.
But when I compared mybuild with KitwareOfficialHeadlessServerBinary, I found -real executable files are not built (like pvpython-real, pvserver-real, but pvpython and pvserver are built successfully )

【Attemp I made】
I finds this might be helpful, but could not figure out how to utilize it.
CUDA_ARCHITECTURES — CMake 3.30.5 Documentation
Could anyone give me some advice? Thanks in advance!!

The official binary is built using the ParaView Superbuild: https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild, which uses the “launcher” project to create such an architecture.

In any case, this is is not an issue and you should be able to use your own build fine.

But why do you not use the official binary ?

I do not understand your question about CUDA though.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply.
The reason is I want to add a vtk filter to Paraview, and this vtk filter is not included in official binary.

1 Like

Those binaries are there to leave room for the “official” names to be the launchers binary. This sits between the user and the -real binaries so that it can inject environment settings to load the superbuild’s Mesa or MPI binaries instead of the system copies. If you’re not using the superbuild’s mesa, osmesa, or mpi projects, there’s no need for the launchers or -real binaries.

2 Likes