Cell Data to Point Data question

Hello,

I’m applying a “Cell Data to Point Data” filter to my wind tunnel data and when checking the Ranges of the data arrays I realized that the ranges (maximum and minimum values) of the Point Data differ quite a bit from the Cell Data.

I’m finding this a bit strange since there should be several cells with similar values around the max and min, so that the average (of converting the cell data to point data) should be much closer than it is. Here are some of the ranges:

If anyone need the data to have a look, I can share it.

Best regards and thank you in advance,
João Perdigão

Please share your data and steps to repro

hello mathieu,
a simple waveleght + point data to cell data + cell data to point data (with pass cell data on) reproduces what he mentioned.

Hello Mathieu,

Here is one example of the data I’m using: Unique Download Link | WeTransfer

I dont see anything special, the range are reduced when you run CellDataToPointData because of the interpolation that takes place.

What is the interpolation method, simple average, area weighted or inverse distance squared of neighbouring elements ?

Regards Mark

Simple average