Hmmm … I have never seen that. Could you post a dataset, and give very detailed directions on how to replicate? For instance, you are log scaled, and have changed color maps. I assume you are displaying using wireframe?
No problem. Thanks for looking into it. Is there a workaround I could use at the moment that you could recommend? The best I’ve found so far is to use the Cell to Point filter and then increase the line width.
did you find any solution? As experience the same problem but the point is I really need to render data urgently… And lines of width 1 can hardly be seen…
Thanks a lot in advance
If it is suitable for your data try using the “Cell Data to Point Data” filter. The you should be able to get the Line Width to work. As an alternative, and if your data has no NaNs then the bug is not present on Windows, so you should be able to do your render on Windows. I use the “Cell Data to Point Data” method when I need to record a video or make a figure.
The point is my data are vtk files containing combos of edges, triangles, tets + scalars to handle colors of each cell (I have between 4 and 10 colors on the overall).
And I really need to keep cells as they are (I’m working on topological issues). So do you think this solution could work?
As you can see it works even for the triangles. The only thing to be aware of is that the filter uses some form of averaging to transfer the cell values to the nodes, so some sharp transitions might be smoothed out by the process… but it is still better than the bugged alternative:
I have no idea I’m afraid. I’ve got fairly limited datasets myself so render time isn’t much of an issue, but I have to contend with this line bug on Mac or Windows not rendering NaNs (which I have a lot of) properly. Maybe I should try Linux.
Anyway, your datasets look large so I hope you get the output you’re after with this filter.
Actually I have both large and small data sets… For all of them I experience the same problem: impossible to widen the lines without losing their Color (and indeed getting random colors).
Under linux it seems the problem does not exist (but I have not « correct » linux computer……. Only poor virtual machines… )