Changing the source foam file always loads all data

If I load in a foam case file, I often only need to visualize the velocity, thus I only select that array.

In my case this takes ±45 seconds to load.

If I then modify the source file name to a different but very similar case file (other wind direction), and keep the cell arrays to only U. It loads all cell arrays instead, taking about 15 seconds longer. This is also shown by the fact that I can now select all options.

I think it is a bug, or what am I doing wrong?

Looks like a small bug in the UI, however, even with the bug fixed, I’d not expect the new behavior to be what you are looking for as ParaView expect completely different content in a different file and properties may not be kept in that case.

FYI @olesenm

Hi Mathieu, is there any faster workflow for dealing with 12 different wind directions?
So:
load in data
save csv file of the resampled with dataset data
save image
repeat for other 11 files.

In this case the mesh is identical, but, that is not always the case.

Then this are different dataset.

You may want to use a pvpython script to to this efficiently.

The thing is that I use this in a python script, and that it then loads all arrays, instead of only the requested ones.
Good thing is that I only have to wait, no need to interact with it.
I thought it was a bug, so that is the reason to mention it here.

you can definitely select the array using pvpython

I use this:
for rot in rotations:
casefoam.FileName = ‘C:/<>/’+str(rot)+‘/case.foam’

That is used to switch the cases. I expect that the settings of the arrays I load stays the same, at least it shows it like that in the GUI. But perhaps I should also change the script as well.

You need to set the property to control the arrays to read. You can check how by using the python trace in Tools → StartTrace.

as far as I know, the replacement of a casefile name is as I use. Where the arrays are already pre-selected, but ignored. Also the GUI is not updated after the new casefile is loaded with all arrays.
But I’ll check whether I can change something, or just accept the extra waiting time.