Cinema Database Output

Dear All,
I am trying for some time now to get Cinema Database output working. I am using ParaView 5.6 and ParaView Master from Gitlab and the new Catalyst/Cinema exporter within The output usually works and produces a number of files and images, however the import into ParaView as Cinema Database and the use of the web based viewers causes problems. I am using the Cinema D standard and the D web viewers as referenced on the Cinema website. Neither of those work with the data exported. My file structure in comparison to the examples also looks quite different. Also the definitions in the json file. In ParaView, I can open my Cinema Database, and scroll through, for instance, different iso-surface levels, but as soon as I move forward in time, it crashes. Can anybody use the Cinema D Database correctly for viewing in ParaView and using the web based viewers? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks and Cheers,
Niklas

Is anybody using CINEMA together with ParaView? I actually really like the approach, and me and our users would definitely love to use it, but I have the feeling no one really uses it in production, or at all …

I don’t know of anyone using it in production yet. The feature remains of prototype quality.

The time advance issue with the in built ParaView importer is probably a new bug. I’ll try and reproduce and see if I can fix for 5.7 while I am working on the Catalyst->Export Now feature that will replace the existing File->Export Scene (*.cdb). You might also try older ParaView versions or the PySide viewer in the meantime.

Besides the bug, the difficulty that you are hitting is that the new more general “Dietrich” standard and tools are not backwards compatible with the older image databases, especially the composeable and recolorable ones. Another feature hole you see is that ParaView does not yet export or import the new standard.

These converter scripts from the older repository and the new repository, may be a workaround.