cmake error ("-lsocket not found") for Paraview 5.6.3 from OpenFOAM 8 installation on linux

Hello,
For one of our users I have to install OpenFOAM-8 on a linux cluster running centOS 7.8. This software needs third party’s dependances like Paraview 5.6.3 that are downloaded and installed within OpenFOAM by scripts ( ./makeParaView here for the compilation).
It uses several tools like gcc(10.1 installed), python (3.7.4 installed), cmake (3.18.2 installed), to proceed.
In the output of MakeParaView, the error message is

Determining if the function getsockname exists in the socket failed with the following output:
Change Dir: <DIR>/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-8/build/linux64Gcc/ParaView-5.6.3/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):/usr/bin/gmake cmTC_63115/fast && /usr/bin/gmake  -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_63115.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_63115.dir/build
gmake[1] : entering directory «<DIR>/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-8/build/linux64Gcc/ParaView-5.6.3/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp »
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_63115.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o
gcc   -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=getsockname -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_63115.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -c <DIR>/cmake/3.18.2/share/cmake-3.18/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c
Linking C executable cmTC_63115
<DIR>/cmake/3.18.2/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_63115.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
gcc    -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=getsockname  -Wl,-lc  -Wl,-lc     CMakeFiles/cmTC_63115.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -o cmTC_63115  -lsocket 
/usr/bin/ld : -lsocket not found
collect2: error: ld returns error code 1
gmake[1]: *** [cmTC_63115] Error 1
gmake[1] : leaving directory «<DIR>/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-8/build/linux64Gcc/ParaView-5.6.3/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp »
gmake: *** [cmTC_63115/fast] Error 2

N.B. : We are not running anything related to BSD or FreeBSD, so I do not understand why I need -lsocket.
The different tools (gcc, cmake, python, …) used here are compiled from source directly on the cluster, no binary installed.

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Guy.

makeParaView is an OpenFOAM created script, you may have more luck with them to understand what is going on.

Alternatively, you can try building ParaView yourself.