Coloring isosurfaces in Paraview

Hi to everyone,

I have plotted the contour of a variable, for example component u of the velocity, now when i am setting the coloring value in Coloring section i can not select as reference the variable v, but only the other ones. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Daniele

Hi Daniele,

In case you mean coloring your contours by the variable you used to create the contour (i.e. the v you mention is actually u), then be sure to enable the ‘Compute Scalars’ tick in the top of the contour properties tab. Then you should be able to color your contours by the variable u.

Regards,
guido.

Thank you, You have solved my problem.

I would ask you an other question, in order to export in the right way my scene. Using “export scene”, for example in .pdf format it gives me a terrible result, without respecting the aspect of the scene which I see on the monitor, why?

Instead using “capture screenshot” the result is quite better, but I can only save in .jpg or other compressed formats, and for example the line of my mesh are not interpolated as a unique line but I obtain a segmented line, why?

Thank you a lot,
Daniele

P.S. I have attached two example files.

p.pdf (1.4 MB)

I’m not an expert on exporting figures from Paraview, but using ‘Save Screenshot’ you can create quite nice png figures by choosing a sufficiently high image resolution (not vectorized, though). Using 1920x1080 generally creates high-res output of sufficient quality for my personal purposes. You may want to play around with the font scaling if necessary (the little cogwheel in the upper right corner allows acces to the advanced features).

Regards,
guido.