Combining warp by vector from one pvd with stress colour map from another for the same mesh

Hi Everyone,

I have two pvd files for the same mesh. One is used to display the deformation of the model by using ‘Warp by Vector’ and the other is used to display a colour map of the stress.

I would like to combine the two, so the stress colour map and deformation are shown on the same model, that can then be saved as an animation.

I have not yet been able to find a way to do this or even determine if it is possible so I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello M,
I think you are looking for “append attributes” filter. If both of your datasets have identical grids and orientation, that should work. I have never tried it with unstructured grids, I think pvd can have many different types of grids. But I made an example with the wavelet source.
I loaded wavelet and made a 21x21x1 grid, saved it as a.pvd. Then ran calculator filter to create Result (added 100) , “pass arrays” filter to just get just Result, then saved b.pvd with only Result field. Reset ParaView. Loaded both a.pvd and b.pvd, highlighted them both in the pipeline browser and ran the Append Attributes Filter. This returned a single dataset with both RTData and Result, then I warped by RTData and colored by Result to show they are both there.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Another super useful filter to know about is the Resample with Dataset filter. This does what you ask even if the meshes are not the same.

2 Likes

Agreed, Resample with Dataset is useful here, you can also resample both data sets to image data, if they are not already, and then run append attributes. Lots of ways to skin the cat depending on what you are starting with. … And what you want.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help John. This solved my problem perfectly.

1 Like