Compatbility with older Linux OS versions

Hi - Is there a compatibility matrix for 5.5.2 & which Operating Systems are supported?

I’m running sles 11 patch 4 which is quite old and getting some QT lib errors:

symbol lookup error: /lustre/apps/ParaView/ParaView-5.5.2-Qt5-MPI-Linux-64bit/lib/libQt5XcbQpa.so.5: undefined symbol: XIQueryVersion

I’m afraid sles 11 SP4 is untested by our buildslaves. We actually do not have any SLES nor Open Suse buildbot.

Your issue may be related to this one : https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-38050
You may want to try with older release of ParaView, or by building ParaView yourself.

Hi Matteiu. Thanks for the reply, the version of SLES we are running is 11, patch 4, not SLES 4 as you stated. Do you know what version would run on this OS if any? Thanks in advance for your suggestions…

It was only a typo, i’ve corrected it.

You may want to try with older release of ParaView, or by building ParaView yourself.

Thanks Mathieu, If we were to upgrade our environment which Linux versions are tested and which are supported?

Basically all supported version of any mainstream Linux OS, as well as Windows 10 and last release of macOS.

Thanks for the prompt reply.