ComplexModuleArchitecture failure on windows_vs2019_qt build

We are hitting this plugin error on Windows:

[1/130] Generating server manager headers for ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules.
FAILED: Plugins/ComplexPluginArchitecture/ComplexModuleArchitecture/ParaViewPlugin/CMakeFiles/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules_data.h 
cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\Testing\Temporary\Examples-bld\Plugins\ComplexPluginArchitecture\ComplexModuleArchitecture\ParaViewPlugin && "C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\test-install\Program Files (x86)\ParaView\bin\vtkProcessXML-pv5.9.exe" C:/glr/builds/paraview/paraview-ci/build/Testing/Temporary/Examples-bld/Plugins/ComplexPluginArchitecture/ComplexModuleArchitecture/ParaViewPlugin/CMakeFiles/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules_data.h ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules Interface GetInterfaces @C:/glr/builds/paraview/paraview-ci/build/Testing/Temporary/Examples-bld/Plugins/ComplexPluginArchitecture/ComplexModuleArchitecture/ParaViewPlugin/CMakeFiles/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules.args"
Cannot open file: @C:/glr/builds/paraview/paraview-ci/build/Testing/Temporary/Examples-bld/Plugins/ComplexPluginArchitecture/ComplexModuleArchitecture/ParaViewPlugin/CMakeFiles/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules.args
Problem generating header file from XML file: @C:/glr/builds/paraview/paraview-ci/build/Testing/Temporary/Examples-bld/Plugins/ComplexPluginArchitecture/ComplexModuleArchitecture/ParaViewPlugin/CMakeFiles/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules/ComplexModuleArchitecture_server_manager_modules.args

@ben.boeckel @mwestphal I believe you were discussing this plugin recently. Thoughts?

Link to test output: https://open.cdash.org/test/338755879

Hmm. Something isn’t looking for response files?

This needs some debugging of what’s going on inside of vtkProcessXML itself. parse_expand_args is meant to handle that and is called right away, so something else is going on here.

Cc: @utkarsh.ayachit

1 Like

Out of my depth here. All I know is that it was compiling on windows when I merged it.