Compute velocity

Opening your state file it shows:

a

Which is perfectly correct.

which magnitude represents the average velocity of the overall slice?

The average is compute component by component for the U vector, magnitude is the magnitude of the average.

so the average velocity is 8.65m/s?

The average velocity is the vector shown, the magnitude of this average is 8.65

Based on the velocity slice here, the maximum velocity around 1.64m/s. But the average magnitude of the velocity is 8.65m/s which is much higher. Can you pls clarify? Thank you

The problem is not the magnitude, the problem is that the average results is outside of the range of values.

I dont know why the “IntegrateVariable” filter provide incorrect value. Looks like a bug to me.

I tried a few methods to do the average velocity calculation, and the results look alright for the individual cell, except for the overall slice.

Can i know what is the correct method to calculate the average velocity? Thank you

Hi Mathieu,

I just wanted to check in and ask how the bug fixing process for the velocity?

Cheers

Hi Dann,

First you have to create an issue on https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/issues

Then the issue is to be fixed, please read here to understand how to make it happen:
https://discourse.paraview.org/t/how-are-features-and-bug-fixes-incorporated-into-paraview/4735/3

Thanks!

Hi Mathieu, I saw ur message under the issue category. can I know the usability is under which category?

Then I think it’s here which is the paraview support, right ?

You lost me here. What is your question ?

There is an issue when computing velocity mangitude, which I have stated in this post as well.

I want to know the correct way to compute the velocity mangitude for a overall slice. Thanks

Indeed, this is why I suggested to open an issue.

I did create an issue but you closed it.

Sorry about that, I did not realize it was the same issue. I’ve reopened it, lets hope someone picks it up.

Thank you