Consultation on the feasibility of developing an plugin in Paraview

Hi there,
I’m new to Paraview.
Currently, I’m going to develop a custom plugin/module in Paraview.
The main function of the plug-in I want to develop is to calculate the volume of the intersection of two image data.
Therefore, how can I create a custom plugin to implement my own workflow? For example, several functions already in Paraview will be integrated to form my own workflow? Are there any useful tutorials or python script templates for custom plugins/modules? Where should I start?

Another question is: Since finally, I’d like to transfer the desktop mode plug-in to the VR scene, I’ve noticed a very exciting effect in this video:
ParaView VR development

Does this mean that as long as I install Paraview and this VR plug-in in Windows, I can see a floating GUI panel in the VR scene that is the same as the desktop mode?

In other words, if I develop a plug-in that can be used on the flat-screen, at the same time, can it be usable in the VR too?

Thank you very much in advance!

how can I create a custom plugin to implement my own workflow?

If you plan to create a python plugin, the simplest way to start is with a ProgrammableFilter within ParaView.
After that, you can take the python code into a python plugin very easilly, see Examples/Plugins/PythonAlgorithm

Are there any useful tutorials or python script templates for custom plugins/modules? Where should I start?

The example I mentionned

Does this mean that as long as I install Paraview and this VR plug-in in Windows, I can see a floating GUI panel in the VR scene that is the same as the desktop mode?
In other words, if I develop a plug-in that can be used on the flat-screen, at the same time, can it be usable in the VR too?

Yes and yes.