Contour breaks on grid blocks

Hi,

I am having a visualization issue when I try to visualize a threshold isosurface (in my case it is Level set = 0 for multiphase flow). I notice the surface is broken where my domain is decomposed (MPI blocks). The surface here is a threshold taken after the “Cell data to Point data” filter is applied.

Any tips or suggestions on getting a smooth or at least continuous surface across MPI blocks??

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 10.49.39 AM

Hi @Andre_Calado and welcome to discourse !

Try applying the Ghost Cell Generator filter before applying contour. This will exchange the appropriate data across the interface which should result into a continuous isosurface.

Thanks @Christos_Tsolakis . I tried using it but it still looks a bit odd…

Is there a specific order of the filters? Right now I am applying the Ghost cell after the Cell data to point data, and then doing the contour.

I tried using it but it still looks a bit odd…

Can you share a screenshot ?

Is there a specific order of the filters? Right now I am applying the Ghost cell after the Cell data to point data, and then doing the contour.

Yes the order is important. Try to move the Ghost Cell generator before the cell data to point data filter. Also, I would experiment with the Minimum number of Ghosts option.

Found a solution that works :slight_smile:

MergeBlocks > Ghost Cell Generator > Cell Data to Point Data > Contour

1 Like