Could Paraview Glance be used as a custom AI tool viewer

Okay. I have search almost the entire paraview discussion forum and could not get the answer. So this is my problem.

We are developing an AI algorithm that could pick out tumor cells from Dicom images and the algorithm is almost ready. Our workflow includes uploading a Dicom image manually to the python environment and uses TensorFlow as the AI framework to train the POI of the Dicom images. Now the time has come for us to include a user interface to our working model so we could absolutely automate this process.

So the main topic for discussion is the following.

1. I have seen that paraview glide could paint the point of interest with its modern tool and it is the best I have seen during my search, but can paraview glide mark the region that the AI algorithm specifies? What I understand from my reading is that paraview is a client based solution, which doesn’t have much interaction with a server as such, so is it possible for any algorithm implementation in ParaView glide?

2. From my reading I have understood that .glide file is the save file that is used for displaying the paraview glide files after marking the point of interest with its tool when it is saved and used at a later time. In that case, can I create my own custom .glide file for displaying my point of interest in the dicom file which I have loaded??

I have many other topics of interest with paraview glide but seems like this thread is becoming quite large. I hope someone could point out if this tool is best suited for me or if my use scenario is a limitation for this tool?

I’m guessing you mean glance not glide?

Yes. Sorry. Do you have a solution for me?

Hi, ParaView Glance can certainly interact with a server of your choosing. In fact, that’s usually preferable to running AI models in the browser depending on how fast the model can run. So yes, Glance can show the ROI results of your algorithm as a paint overlay on an image. Note that the Glance codebase has to be modified to pull results from a server or run a custom algorithm in the browser, as there’s no easy way to generally support this functionality out-of-the-box.

You mentioned DICOM, so I just wanted to also mention another tool being developed that could be of interest to you. ParaView Medical aims to be similar to ParaView Glance, but for medical images (e.g. DICOM).

If you are interested in getting more help for customizing Glance to fit your needs, feel free to direct message me and we can discuss your requirements further. (FYI I’m a core dev for both ParaView Glance and ParaView Medical.)

First question is pretty obvious. What is the best approach of integrating paraview glance or medical to our use case. From my understanding it is done in vue.js and it implements webpack(please correct me if I am wrong).

Is it better to work on the files in the current framework of paraview glance or am I able to exclusively select my needed section from the glance environment and implement in my use case.(by use case I mean my current project)

P.S I am not an expert in vue.js or webpack js. My main domain expertise is react.js. and when I read the files I am totally confused from where I should be starting my work, which file I should edit or how I could change a file without totally disrupting the whole work environment. An answer for this will be a big help as this could help me begin my long journey with paraview.