Crash when exporting animation

datathing, from what I can tell, Microsoft has two types of updates. One is the day to day, lets get updated. The second is for “version updates”. This tends to lag the latest and greatest by say a year. You can force it by going to Start/Settings/ Updates. It will offer optionally to come to newer versions of Windows.

Thanks @wascott .

FYI - I had the cutting edge NVidia drivers until this week too, but they were causing BSODs so I have rolled them back to an earlier version that is so far much more stable.

Regarding this:

…You can force it by going to Start/Settings/ Updates. It will offer optionally to come to newer versions of Windows.

That was the method I was using to update that I mentioned in my last message. Unfortunately the issue persisted with 21H1 (the May 2021 update).

To summarise: I tried the .avi export with the latest version of ParaView, with the May 2021 Windows 10 update, and with the latest GPU drivers. Still crashed for me!

@felric in the mean time you can view .ogg files with VLC media player. I will still prefer .avi in future since many clients wont have VLC media player, but at least I can test my results with .ogg in VLC.

Failing system report is : 21H1 version

Do you mean that the 21H1 version is not working? It didn’t work on 20H1 for me either.

21H1 is indeed not working.

@Mathieu, you have replicated this issue? Please write up a bug report, let me know where it is, and I will fund it.

not me sadly, but a user did, with the mentionned windows version, i’ll try to update wy windows.

Thanks Mathieu. I can’t update…

I was not able to reproduce with Windows 20H2. Upating to 21H1 now.

I am using Windows 23H2 and ParaView 5.12.0-rc1. I also encountered crashing while saving any kind of animations. Playing the animation inside ParaView is fine.

Fixed already, fix will be available in 5.12.0-RC2

1 Like