Current status of PVGeo and Paraview

Hi,

I’m not sure if I should be asking this here or not, so please let me know if I should take the question to PVGeo. This is unrelated to the other issue I just posted.

Since Paraview has converted to Python 3, the old instructions for using PVGeo with Paraview seem deprecated. I tried setting up a similar Anaconda environment with Python 3.7.4 but it did not work, possibly because I had trouble getting VTK to install (even though it is available for 3.7 on Windows) in the environment. According to the instructions, the 2.7 version of PVGeo used the PVPython built-in VTK but I’m not sure the 3.7 version does.

I have searched for updated information but cannot really find anything other than the instructions for Paraview 5.6.0 with Python 2.7. Is there any current information available?

Thanks!

The old PVGeo is not working with new version of ParaView.

They have been taken over in another project from @banesullivan :

Please note, none of these tools have ever been officially supported by ParaView or Kitware.

1 Like

Thank you. I will take any further questions to them.

Hi there, I am aware of the current compatibility issues between PVGeo and the latest ParaView. Unfortunately, my bandwidth is stretched thin and I haven’t had time to update PVGeo as my open-source contributions have been focused on PyVista. Also, I have been waiting for Python 3 to be shipped with ParaView on all OS (Mac is still 2.7).

It would greatly help if you could open an issue about your challenges in the PVGeo GitHub repository

I will try to take a look at it this week in my free time and see if I can get PVGeo up and running with the distributed version of ParaView as well as the version now coming from Conda-forge

And I want to emphasize @mwestphal’s note: PVGeo is a third party plugin suite maintained by myself and not Kitware

1 Like