Default Expected a ')' while reading binaryBlock, found on line 20 an error

(Daniele) #1

Hi everyone

I am working wit ParaView in order to analyse the result af a simulation in Open Foam by using Ubuntu 18.10. The simulation was done with HPC ( High Performance Computer, basically a super computer). I would like to post-process them by using Para View in a virtual machine. When I run para View, the terminal give me the error underlying.

Someone suggested me that it can be the different architecture between HPC and my vistual machine. However, I am pretty sure that I’ve installed OpenFoam with 64 bit that is it the same of HPC.
Have someone a tip in order to solve that problem?

I/O : uncollated

–> FOAM FATAL IO ERROR:
Expected a ‘)’ while reading binaryBlock, found on line 20 an error

file: /home/daniele/OpenFOAM/daniele-6/run/plunging/plungingFine/constant/polyMesh/faces at line 20.

From function Foam::Istream& Foam::Istream::readEnd(const char*)
in file db/IOstreams/IOstreams/Istream.C at line 109.

FOAM exiting

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

(Cory Quammen (Kitware)) #2

Can you can share a small-ish dataset that exhibits this same problem? That’s the most helpful thing for debugging.

(Daniele) #3

Dear Cory

Thanks to replying me. I upload system, constant, 0, 0.1 directory. The mesh is pretty fine so the simulation size is large.
Further, the same error occur even if I run “foamToTVK”.

P.S. I attach a we transfer link because I had some issues to upload directly the files

(Berk Geveci) #4

This looks like an issue on the OpenFOAM side of things… Something not right in the file. Especially, if it is also happening in foamToVTK which uses a completely different code path.

(Daniele) #5

Hi

I think I solved a problem. I ran Para view by using “-builtin” option. In this way I can select the correct Label_Size before to apply the job

Daniele