I am using the Resample With Dataset filter to map my flow-field data onto the surface of an aircraft model.
I am also visualising that same data on a X-Z plane, which intersects the aircraft surface. I have noticed that, at some locations, there is a clear discontinuity between the values shown on the plane and the values resampled onto the aircraft surface.
This can be seen in the attached screenshot, particularly at the inboard part of the wing and close to the wingtip. At the intersection between the X-Z plane and the aircraft surface, the colour/value on the plane does not match the colour/value on the resampled surface, producing a visible jump.
Since both visualisations are based on the same underlying dataset and represent the same quantity (U_x/U_inf), I would expect the values to be continuous, or at least very similar, along the intersection between the plane and the aircraft surface.
Could you please advise what could be causing this mismatch? In particular, I would like to understand whether this could be related to the interpolation performed by Resample With Dataset, the point/cell data association, sampling tolerance, or another setting of the filter.
If anyone needs it, I can provide the data and 3D model I’m using.
Thanks in advance!
