Display glyph scale reference

When using either the Arrow or 2D Glyph as Glyph Type, is there some way to display a single arrow next to the plot as a scale reference? Here is an example of what I’m looking for (made with a different software), the arrow on the right with 40 m/s above it.

I’m using Paraview 5.8.0 on Windows 10.

That’s a good question. The short answer is no, ParaView does not have that type of annotation.

The only way I can think of to do it (other than programming something entirely new in ParaView) is to create your own annotation, although doing so will probably be vexing. To do that, you can add an Arrow source or a 2D Glyph source with Glyph Type as Arrow to add a single arrow to your view of unit length. You can then use the Transform filter to move the arrow to an appropriate part of the view and scale it as appropriate. You would then have to add a Text source to give an appropriate label for the scale. You will have to do the math yourself to determine the scale based on the scaling of the arrow and the Scale Factor of the Glyph filter.