Does paraview 5.9.0 support animation?

Thank you, I run paraview as administrator and I should have permissions.

And You are right that saving to vtkjs is not my target. Currently My problem is how to save animation as data that can be opened by paraview as animation.

If you only want to open your animated pipeline in ParaView then a state file is the way to go (File -> Save/Load State File). You’ll need to use the .pvsm format and not the .py format since Python state files don’t support animation.

Tell me if this is not what you’re looking for and I misunderstood something.

oh,may not be what I’m looking for.
my original question is , I need to play animation in VR. but VR does’t support the following step:
"
I open source->cone && use animation view to create animation.
then click “send to VR”
In VR , I click start && it does not work.
"
but can.ex2 can be played in VR.

From the advice of Mathieu Westphal, I guess the possible way is that I save animation to time-series files like vtp.series and then I can open it and send to VR.

I also don’t know it is workable or not. :grinning:

Oh mb I didn’t quite understand your problem, I think I get it now.

It is indeed not possible to save your animated data “directly” when the animation comes from the animation view. For that you should use an extractor. Here’s an example

• Create Cone Apply
  • Animation View → animate Cone Center(0) from 0 to 1
  • Menu - Extractors - Data - VTP
  • Menu - File - Save Extracts - Select where you want to save your extracts

then on a new paraView session open the extracted datasets using Menu - File - Open ... (the file group name should look someting like Cone1_..pvtp in this case).

For more informations on extractors see 8. Saving Results — ParaView Documentation 5.10.0 documentation

Thanks a lot.
It is very useful.