Does paraview 5.9.0 support animation?

I have tested paraview 5.9.0, but it fails.

1.I create a animation
2.load openvr plugin && click "send to VR "
3.In VR , I click " start " animation button
4.the animation does not work

It does support it, but please try with ParaView 5.10

FYI @martink

I have downloaded ParaView-5.10.0-Windows-Python3.9-msvc2017-AMD64.exe , but this version also does not work. Animation have limitations ? or Would you share some guidelines? thanks anyway.

No

Would you share some guidelines?

• Do not start the animation before sending it to VR.
  • Use animation cache

where‘s’ animation cache?

1643190989(1)

Well you found it

use example “can.ex2” , Animation can work.

but the following step fails:
I open source->cone && use animation view to create animation.
then click “send to VR”
In VR , I click start && it does not work.

@mahb : Just save your animation to a timeseries before opening it again.

@martink @utkarsh.ayachit : Looks like VR + AnimationManager created animation may not work.

The way PV caches animation isn’t really suitable for VR. Sometimes it works, but without changes to PV it just isn’t a good path.

1 Like

Thank for your advice.

What type can I save my animation to timeseries for playbacking? now saving animation can support the following types:

Use “save data”, not “save animation”

Thank you, which type can I use so that I can playback animation?

pvd comes to mind

Would you describe this method by steps?
I’ve tried pvd and other types, it seem to fail to be a animation.

Thanks a lot

You are animating the camera it looks like, then this require to use the SaveAnimatedScene feature, available only in ParaView 5.10.0

Now I am using paraview 5.10.0. How can I use this feature?

File → SaveAnimatedScene

Only .vtkjs format is supported

Thank you, I find File → Export Animated scene. but save faild.the following is the output message.

Generic Warning: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\Remoting\Animation\vtkSMAnimationSceneWebWriter.cxx, line 216
Failed to bundle vtkjs file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\ParaView 5.10.0-Windows-Python3.9-msvc2017-AMD64\bin\Lib\site-packages\vtkmodules\web\vtkjs_helper.py”, line 225, in zipAllTimeSteps
os.remove(rootIndexPath)
PermissionError: [WinError 32] 另一个程序正在使用此文件,进程无法访问。: ‘C:\Users\hbma\Documents\index.json’
debug: In unknown, line 0
debug: Save animated scene failed!

@timothee.chabat ?

Looks like a permission error at first glance, do you save your animation in a location you have access to (ie something like your personal Documents folder) ? In any case there is some known issue with the Export animated scene feature on windows, you could try on Linux if you have one.

Also what dou you mean by

? Do you want to open your animation as a video ? Or as data in ParaView ? On the web ? vtkjs may not be the data format you’re looking for.