Dynamic scene

Hello, Is it possible to export a full 3D dynamic scene? If possible how is it done?

Thank you!

@GPsalachs, can you be a bit more specific about what you expect to be exported/written? I see a similar question on the mailing list (I think from you) that states you are not trying to output an animation. What is it that you do what as the output?

There are ways to write out data sets that encapsulate data that changes over time. (Often this is encapsulated as a series of data files for each time step although some file formats can encapsulate the time within them.) Is this what you had in mind?

You can also write out the state of ParaView, which will include any time dependent information.

Did you have something else in mind?

Hello,

the thing that i have in mind comes i think really close to the Paraview VR state but i want to represent it in AR. Thing is i don’t exactly know first if it is possible and second how to do it.So i ask in the mailing list and in the forums if someone has a dynamic scene exportation sequence.
What would you suggest?

Thank you.

Uhhhh…

I don’t really have any experience with the ParaView VR functionality, so I might not be the best person to answer. But I’m not really aware of any special components to the VR setup other than specialized head tracking, display, and input hardware. Any dynamic component you set up in ParaView should be saved in a state file.

I think I must not understand what you are looking for.

ParaView can export several types of file formats that recreate many of the elements in the ParaView render view (but not all elements are exported to all formats). Examples include VRML, WebGL, X3D. Each captures only the current scene. For dynamic datasets, you would need to script the export, e.g.,

# get animation scene
animationScene = GetAnimationScene()

for frame in xrange(animationScene.GetNumberOfFrames()):

# export view  
  ExportView('myscene%04d.webgl' % frame, view=renderView1)

animationScene1.GoToNext()

You could export scenes these way and play them back through some kind of player on your AR system, but I suspect this may not be possible, and it may won’t be entirely satisfactory for what you envision. You could consider paid support from Kitware to implement viewing in the AR environment you are using, which would likely get you much closer to what you have envisioned.

Thank you very much for the response! I will try to make something with the example you have shown me!