Embed 3D topography on 3D winds (lat, lon, pressure level)

Hi, I need to embed 3D topography on a 3D (lat, lon, pressure level) winds, in the ParaView figure attached.

ed.

Any help will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance

What is the question ?

I need to embed 3D topography on a 3D (lat, lon, pressure level) winds

What does that mean ?

Hi, I need to plot the horizontal winds over an area defined between the Equator and 8N and between 84W-76W, across different atmospheric levels from 1000 hPa to 600 hPa, on top of the real topography including that of the northwestern Andes of South America. Something like the attached figure. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Looks like you want ot use the Glyph filter.

Yes, I am using the glyph filter as you can see in the figure attached to my original message on Jun 21. The question is about how to include the topography (.nc file) underneath the wind vectors. Many thanks.

Can you load it and show it in ParaView ?

Attached please find the
testuv.pvsm (784.2 KB) file. The winds and the topography data sets are too large to send over here. I will use WeTransfer to do it.

Your .nc file does not seem to contain the topography.

Apologies. I’ve resent the correct files.
Many thanks

Nothing received on my side

Can you please confirm your email address?

mathieu.westphal@kitware.com

I sent you the 3d winds and topography via WeTransfer. Did you get them?

Im afraid I didnt, could you share them again ?

I’ve resent the files again. Many thanks in advance.
Germán

your topography is the entire earth ? And it doesnt seem to be located on the right location.

Yes, it is. The region of interest is [-84 to -76] and [0 to 10N]

Then you need to extract that location and put it on the right place.

Hi, I’ve published the paper using ParaView to prepare some figures and animations:

Poveda, G. (2023). Mechanisms controlling the 4D distribution of rainfall and latent heating over the rainiest region on Earth. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres , 128, e2023JD039328. https://doi.org/10.1029/2023JD039328