Error message for clip or slice in a saved state

Hi,

Whenever I apply a clip or slice to a netcdf-volume and save the state, an error message appears when opening the state:

ERROR: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 760
vtkPVDataRepresentationPipeline (0000023D15BA3CB0): Input for connection index 0 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkImageSliceRepresentation(0000023D15DEC140) is of type vtkRectilinearGrid, but a vtkImageData is required.

Everything renders fine and as expected, so my “workaround” has always been to just ignore the error message. I was just wondering why the message appears and if there is a little trick to avoid it?

Just to be clear: no error message appears when I apply the clip or slice (nor later on). It only pops up when I open a state where a clip or slice is saved.

Thanks and cheers,
Venke

Hi @Venke ,

Please share your dataset.

Best,

MYTEST.nc (2.9 MB)
Hi Mathieu,
here is an exemplary Netcdf-volume-file. I’ll also upload a state file where I loaded the volume and applied a clip. Thanks for your time,
Venke

MYTEST.pvsm (303.3 KB)

Hi @Venke ,

This warning can be ignored, but this is an actual issue that should be fixed. Could you open it on:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/issues

Thanks,

Thanks, Mathieu. https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/issues/21417

In ParaView 5.12.0 when I save a state with a netcdf-volume (even without any filter applied on it) I get the same error-message as mentioned above when loading it.
Even if the representation is not “surface” but “outline”, the error persists. Although this does not affect the rendering and I know that it can be ignored, it is a little annoying to have the Output Messages box pop up with the errors almost each time I open a state. Maybe a fix to this will make it into 5.13… :grinning:

Having said this, I want to say thank you for a great software. I absolutely love the new feature of embedding the state in a screenshot!