Error on use calculator

Hi, I’m new using ParaView so I don’t really know how to describe the error I got. But basically I’m trying to use the ParaView calculator and I’m getting the following error:

ERROR: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\Common\Misc\vtkExprTkFunctionParser.cxx, line 491
vtkExprTkFunctionParser (0000015B652AE810): Err: 0 Type: [Syntax Error] Msg: ERR201 - Undefined symbol: 'Field3'	Expression: (iHat*Field 3)+(jHat*Field 4)+(kHat*Field 5)

ERROR: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\Common\Misc\vtkExprTkFunctionParser.cxx, line 491
vtkExprTkFunctionParser (0000015B652AE810): Err: 0 Type: [Syntax Error] Msg: ERR201 - Undefined symbol: 'Field3'	Expression: (iHat*Field 3)+(jHat*Field 4)+(kHat*Field 5)

Warning: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\Filters\Core\vtkArrayCalculator.cxx, line 502
vtkPVArrayCalculator (0000015B767F09B0): An error occurred when parsing the calculator's function.  See previous errors.

Warning: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\Filters\Core\vtkArrayCalculator.cxx, line 502
vtkPVArrayCalculator (0000015B767F09B0): An error occurred when parsing the calculator's function.  See previous errors.

Does anyone know the reason for the error and how to solve it?

Thank you very much in advance.

OBS: If anyone wants to see the data or how I did the process, attached is the image.

Hi @DanielS_13 ,

Please share your data.

Best,

In the case of value data, right?
I have them attached.
Thanks.
campo.txt (64.5 KB)

Works great here, using ParaView 5.10.1

Your expression is not correct, it should be:

iHat*"Field 3"+jHat*"Field 4"+kHat*"Field 5"

I had noticed the error later, but still, thanks a lot for the help.

Hello Mathieu

Curiously, I have been having the same issue with version 5.11.0 and followed your instructions it worked once, only. Then the error message came back up again every time I tried to upload a new table.
In an attempt to clear this suspicion of mine about the latest version I then installed the one before last, but the problem still persists.

Here is the error message:
Err: 0 Type: [Lexer Error] Msg: ERR004 - General token error: "V Expression: iHat*“Vx”+jHat*“Vy”+kHat*“Vz”

Would you be able to give me any advice on this please?
Thanks in advance

Please share your data

UW_Re_100_16_cel_res.csv (23.7 KB)

Here is the correct expression:

iHat*" Vx"+jHat*" Vy"+kHat*" Vz"

Avoiding using spaces in your header to avoid the need for quotes.

Fantastic Mathieu
I works fine now.

I just learnt this new valuable information now.
Will change this on my Fortran code.
Thanks a lot!!

Hi
I am using the following error as on using the calculator (see the attached image)

I gues its an issue related to the array calculated from the calculator

Following is the error

The calculator filter is having trouble parsing the names of your fields (e.g., c_voro[1]) because it is parsing the angle brackets as an array index and not finding a field named c_voro. You can fix the problem by wrapping your field names in quotes to tell the parser that the whole string should be taken as the variable name.

"c_voro[1]" - "c_voro[2]"

Note that if you add variables to your expression using the Scalars combo box, it will automatically add quotes around the variable name, so that can be a helpful guide on how to add your variables to the expression.

Thank you