Error PVTU Files ~ URGENT

Hello I am trying to read pvtu files but each time this error pops up…
I redownloaded paraview and the files just to make sure and now the VTU files aren’t even working…

ERROR: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\IO\XML\vtkXMLPDataReader.cxx, line 315

vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridReader (00000299FC2EEB30): File for piece 0 cannot be read.

There’s 365 files ( a years worth of data).

This is pretty urgent as its for my dissertation so any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Im using the version paraview 5.9.0

Do you know which version those files were written out with? If so, may be try using that version.
How those files were generated? Are you sure they are valid files? Did they ever work before?

Since it’s a pvtu, try manually each each .vtu files to narrow down the problem to may be a few of the files.

I don’t know the version but the ‘inputs’/files are from the GLads model which shows runoff in greenland. They are valid files. It was all working perfectly for VTU files and when I started loading the pvtu they wouldn’t show up. Now, even the vtu, will load, but when applied nothing shows up on the grid viewer.

Just open the vtu files then. You can use Merge Blocks or Append filter or something like that create a single dataset out of it in the UI. Without the dataset it’s not really possible to diagnose why it’s failing.

Totally off the wall thought, but just to be sure … move your configuration files to the side. (This probably won’t work, but if it does, Kitware may want them.). https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_Settings_Files. You can also use Edit/ Reset To Default Settings, but lets make sure that you really are starting from scratch.

It has been fixed! Thank you for all your suggestions!

@cory.quammen Do you want these setting files, to try to figure out what went weird?

Sure, if resetting the files was indeed what worked.