Error when loading a .vtu file

Hi,
I am new to ParaView and I’m trying to load a .vtu file of a MODFLOW USG grid. The .vtu file was created in python 3.7.6 on a 64 bit windows machine. I have seen references to an issue where ParaView can only read Int32 type data. I am using ParaView 5.8.0 and I saw some threads mentioning that this issue would be resolved in the next version, but can anyone give me any advice on how to deal with this and load my file?
cheers,
Emma

Untrue afaik.

Please share your error and your data.

Emma,

I suspect you are referring to this issue: https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/issues/19698

This will be fixed in ParaView 5.8.1. You can verify by trying the ParaView 5.8.1-RC2 release candidate from www.paraview.org/download. Please let us know if it does.

Thank you,
Cory

1 Like

Hi Cory,

Thanks so much for that, version 5.8.1 loaded my model.

There was an error message generated though and because I am new to ParaView, I don’t know what it means

Cheers,

Emma

QWindowsWindow::setMouseGrabEnabled: Not setting mouse grab for invisible window QWidgetWindow/‘menuRecentFilesWindow’

The warning message can be ignored. Do let us know if it shows up every time you start ParaView.