error when reloading state that opens a cube file

Hi everyone,

A pipeline made up of a Gaussian cube reader followed by a contour filter displays an isosurface as expected. Saving and reloading the state produces a representation of the cube file but not the isosurface and displays the message

ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 809
vtkPVDataRepresentationPipeline (0x30a66f0): Input for connection index 0 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkDataLabelRepresentation(0x45e5570) is of type vtkDataObject, but a vtkDataSet is required.

I’ve attached the cube file and the state file. Any help will be appreciated.

Bob

orbital01.tar.gz (108.8 KB)

I can reproduce the issue. Not sure what’s the problem off the top of my head, but sounds like a multi-output port issue. I’ve reported a bug.

Thanks, Utkarsh, for looking into this so quickly and submitting a bug report. – Bob

Bob, looks like there’s a fix already in master for this. Should be fixed in 5.6. If you want, you can you try with nighly binaries newer than v5.5.1-478-g714b870.