Errors when starting to use NVIDIA IndeX

Following Mathieu Westphal’s instructions I started using ParaView 5.7 in order to use NVIDIA IndeX. I used an OpenFOAM case and got the following messages:

nvindex:   1.0   INDEX  main warn : Failed to open '/proc/driver/nvidia/version'. Please verify that the NVIDIA driver is installed properly.
nvindex:   1.0   INDEX  main error: Failed to query the number of CUDA devices (cudaGetDeviceCount): no CUDA-capable device is detected.
nvindex:   1.0   INDEX  main error: Could not find any valid CUDA devices, aborting.
nvindex:   1.0   PVPLN  main error: Start of the NVIDIA IndeX library failed.
nvindex:   1.0   PVPLN  main error: Failed to start the NVIDIA IndeX library: 1.
nvindex:   0.1   GPU    rend warn : It appears that the "nvidia" kernel module is not loaded.
nvindex:   0.1   GPU    rend warn : It appears that there are no "nvidia" device nodes. This configuration is unlikely to work at all. Verify that your runlevel is sufficient and "nvidia" device nodes are present, e.g., /dev/nvidia0.
nvindex:   0.1   CUDA   rend warn : CUDA module initialization failed.
nvindex:   0.1   CUDA   rend warn : cudaRuntimeGetVersion returned with error 'no CUDA-capable device is detected'

I want to know if they are major errors or I can continue working.

Thank you.

What is your GPU ?
What is your graphic driver version ?
Can you share the Help -> About dialog (bottom part) ?

1 Like

SO: elementary OS 5.1 Hera
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Mobile
Driver: Nvidia-Driver-435

You are not using your NVidia GPU. You should use it when running ParaView, especially if you need index.

1 Like

Can it be solved? Is it possible to use the nvidia card for rendering?

@Mathieu is possible use de nvidia card in paraview for linux?

of course, but it has nothing to do with ParaView.