Export distributed point from slice

Hello Everyone,
I uploaded an .stp file of a blade into ParaView. My goal is to obtain a series of airfoil profiles. I accomplished this by using a slice filter. By exporting the data, I obtained a .csv file containing the x, y, and z coordinates of a series of points that make up the blade’s airfoil.

However, these points are not uniformly distributed along the airfoil, and I am unable to select a specific number of points to extract.

The attached figure and file help illustrate what I mean.

Is there a way to specify a desired number of uniformly distributed points along the airfoil?

Thank you :grinning:

Airfoil_1.csv (10.4 KB)

The most straightforward approach consists of the following steps. However, for intricate airfoils, this method may not yield optimal results.

1. Load a STEP file.
  2. Use the Plot On Intersection Curves filter to cut the wing shape.

3. Extract the desired cut line using the Extract Block filter. Note that the nodes forming this cut line may not be uniform, but they are sorted in order, and their arc lengths are calculated.

4. Apply the Contour filter to extract points uniformly based on the arc length.

• Contour By: arc_length
  • Value Range Table: Click the Add a range of values button and define the desired number of samples in the Number of Samples.

3 Likes