Extract ProbeLocation at Various Timesteps

Hello,

I am new to ParaView and need some help with data analysis. I have results from an FEA which is extremely large file and I am looking to get pressure data at a specific point at all the time steps. I can create a ‘ProbeLocation1’ to probe a location, and I can plot it vs. time, but since the file is so large ParaView crashes on me. I really only want to see a table with these values, but can’t seem to figure it out trying Programmable FIlters and Probe Locations. Is there a better way to get a table or array which I can export of the pressure values at a specific point at various times? I feel like this should have a simple answer, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you,

ParaView is not supposed to crash, unless you run out of memory. Is that the case here ?

I really only want to see a table with these values

Show probe location result in a spreadsheet view ?

Is there a better way to get a table or array which I can export of the pressure values at a specific point at various times?

You can add an extractor after the probe location but this will not prevent the crash. You need to understand why is it crashing first.

As Mathieu said, you may be getting low on memory. View/ Memory Inspector is your friend. You can also see memory usage in the bar right below the renderview.

Thanks for the feedback!

I was looking at the memory and it seemed to be okay. I did find the issue though. One of the data points was corrupt and didn’t have any data in there. Once that was deleted it seemed to work fine, so thank you very much!

Mathieu, yes I was looking to do something in spreadsheet view. Obviously now I can do this since I am able to plot over time. I’m assuming by the extractor I could use the .csv probe extract to export a .csv of the data correct? I will have to play around with this.

Could you share this corrupt data ? ParaView should not crash even with corrupt data.

I’m assuming by the extractor I could use the .csv probe extract to export a .csv of the data correct?

Yes, that is a possibility.