Extracting a surface

Hi,
I need to create a surface across which I need to measure the mass flow rate.
My geometry is such that I have two circular surfaces, the edges of which are concentric circles.

For instance, I need to extract the yellow surface in the above image. I need to plot the mass flow rate across this surface.
What’s the best way to do this. And also, since I use the Lagrange approach, and my solver is Point based, I can not use Extract Selection and plot the data.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

I’m not sure I totally understand what you are trying to do. I don’t think you want to extract the yellow pixels in the image you sent. It would help if you sent a screenshot of the data in ParaView.

I assume you have a planar surface defined by polygons in the shape you described. I mocked something like that in ParaView that looks like this.

You can extract the yellow ring by using the Clip filter to remove the pink circle. Do this by adding the Clip pqClip24 filter. Change Clip Type to Sphere and then adjust the Center and Radius so that the drawn sphere is over the pink circle and not the yellow ring.

Now turn off the Invert option and finally click Apply. The pink circle will now be clipped out.

1 Like