Extracting data in terms of nodes not resolution

Hi, I’m running some thermal simulations and the data that I put into ParaView is from a finite element solver. When I run ParaView with this data I need to set a resolution for the visual simulation, but when I save the data as a series of .csv files my data comes out in terms of the resolution that I set not the actual nodes that come out of my finite element solver. My question is, is there a way to save the data not based on resolution but based on real nodes?

Thanks

What do you mean by that ?

Toward the bottom of that screenshot there is a section that says “Resolution”, when I set the resolution to, say 1000, my visual simulation runs a lot faster than when it is set to 100 and when I go up to File->Save Data the data gets saved in terms of that resolution. For example, if I have the resolution set to 1000 but I have 1250 nodes, and I save the data as a series of .csv files and import those into MATLAB that data is in terms of 1000 from the resolution not 1250 from the nodes that come out of my finite element solver. I’m trying to export the data in terms of my nodes not the resolution I set.

When you set the resolution to a smaller number than your number of nodes, you are downsampling your data. You need to set resolution to the number of nodes you want to have.

Thanks! I’ll try that