Fail to read attribute data

I have created an H5 file that stores two variables. One I can view in paraview and the other I can’t because it fails to read attribute data. Error copied below.

I am able to supply a short file that shows the problem for me if that would help.

Thanks,
Francis

ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/Xdmf2/vtkXdmfHeavyData.cxx, line 1215

vtkXdmfReader (0x674f610): Failed to read attribute data

QG_1L.h5 (1.8 MB) QG_1L.xdmf (4.4 KB)

These are the files that I used.

Seems to be able to read it in ParaView 5.8

Thank you for trying it.

I was using ParaView 5.7 but have since upgraded to 5.8.

With the latest version I can say that the field, qr, looks correct. However, the pr field is weird after the initial plot and gives me a warning. Did you try both fields?

Please explain what is weird about it with a screenshot and copy the error here.

First, you can see the error message on the left.

Second, the field should be pr but it says pr?.

Third, the image does not look correct. It is very different from the first image.

Fourth, after I switch to qr then pr seems to disappear.

Indeed, in your case, the data is not read correctly.

However I do not reproduce your error.

ParaView 5.8.0 binary release, ArchLinux.

I get the same thing for the first snapshot. But when I advance to the subsequent ones is when things go batty. Could you please try advancing to see if you get the same problem as I do?

I do reproduce when I change the timesteps.

Thanks for verifying that. Any idea what might be wrong with the datafile and how I might fix it?

You may want to validate your Xdmf file :
https://gitlab.kitware.com/xdmf/xdmf/blob/master/Xdmf.dtd