[FIXED] Problem in building a Dock Panel plugin for Paraview

Hello all,

I am trying to create a Dock Panel plugin for a custom-build of Paraview. For this, I created a QDockWidget in QT Creator (based on QT 5) and then wrote the code in CMakeLists.txt to build it as a Paraview plugin.

For the CMakeLists code, I referred to the example of “ExampleDockPanel plugin” which is provided in the Paraview “Example/Plugins” files.

The problem is: after loading the created plugin in Paraview, my plugin widget doesn’t show any QPushbutton, Qlabel or QLineEdit – just a blank widget is rendered as shown below (please notice the dock widget on the right side of the application).

In comparison, the QDockWidget that I created in QT creator is as follows:

18%20PM

I couldn’t really understand where the problem lies because:

1. The build process runs without any error in QT creator and leads to the desired Widget
  2. I wrote the CMakeLists.txt file for creating the plugin exactly as the “Paraview ExampleDockPanel plugin” had demonstrated (the example code provided by Paraview for creating QDockWidget in Paraview is [here])(https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/tree/master/Examples/Plugins/DockWidget)
  3. No errors are showing up in terminal while building the plugin using “make”

I think there is a problem somewhere in the process between taking the code in QT5 to building it as a plugin using the CMakeLists.txt code

I scanned the MOC files generated by CMake which wasn’t unusual at all. But it is possible that some problems cropped up here which led to the problem.

I am not really sure what is the exact issue there so I need some help here. I can upload the CMakeLists.txt, c++ and ui files if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sabyasachi